Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tuesday March 12th

In the morning, Bob and Al picked me up at 8:30 so we could drive to Victoria Palms Park where they have a very good restaurant. The idea is to have breakfast with former colleagues who were all members of Winnipeg's Finest. There were about 10 of us there, and it is always good to see the guys who you haven't seen for awhile. Lots of good war stories and laughs. I didn't have my phone so couldn't take any pictures as Katie was taking it with her.

While I was away, Katie made some phone calls for me to find out where I could get the batteries I wanted for the golf cart. She got prices and found out they were in stock. When we got back from breakfast, Al took me in his car to get the batteries, while Katie went on her own shopping for presents for grandson "Mr. Seth" She ended up getting some really cute outfits for him.

We got the batteries, and I rejected the offer from the owner to trade my cart in and buy a brand new one. Only about $3,500 or $4,000 would do it....not!

My friend Al is the battery installation expert. He goes like a rocket, and doesn't accept much help. Apart from the batteries being really heavy, and having to manipulate some of the leads to get them to fit properly, they were installed, all six of them, in short order, and away I went. Wow, quite a difference in speed from batteries on their last legs to top of line Trojan batteries. Not it's just a matter of maintaining them properly, as much as possible seeing as they will be idle and in the heat for 9 months or so. It's really not good for them, but there is not much choice. At least now, I don't have to worry about the batteries going dead after 9 holes of an 18 hole round.

Our friend Bill came over, as he wanted to properly install the vent from the dryer. After he left I set up a router he and I got yesterday to go with his wife's new Nexus 7 Tablet which he bought her for their anniversary. We went looking for June and found her at our friend Linda's place, so we sat, and had an afternoon libation, and some fun conversation.

After that we went to Bill and June's to set up the wifi. Wouldn't have had any problems at all if I had typed in the correct password the way I had set it up. What a dummy! When I finally figured out it was the wrong one, all was good and we were off to the races. Now June is not faced to sit in a corner on a fairly old and slow computer.

Back home for supper, then Katie and I went for a long walk around the park. Came back to watch the jets game, which I get by doing some manipulation on the internet. Only got to see the second and third periods but it was fun watching the Jets play so well! Phoned the youngest son after the game and we got to talk about some of the great plays.

Then it was some more relaxing with shows I bring with me, and off to bed.

and so ends another great day in the valley...

more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment