Friday, March 1, 2013

Thursday Feb 28th

Katie got off work a bit early, I had packed the car during the day and had everything ready to go, so we were on the road by 4PM. Got to the border with 3 cars ahead of us. The car in front must have been shooting the breeze and not answering only what was asked, because they took several minutes more than usual.

We pulled up and got the usual questions, where do you live? where are you going...I refrained from saying Pharr(far) as she might take it as me being a smartass...I can be one sometimes but this is not the time. For how long? 5 weeks...how much money? $500...going to be seeing any friends or family? I say no(we don't have any friends) she thinks $500 that's not much to last for 5 weeks...she asks...credit or debit card? (hmmm what is she trying to sell us)...I say credit card...she says...ok see you around (not really)oh I forgot...any fruits and vegetables? I say(only the ones you export and we bring back to you...not really) the answer is no. I accidently lied about that year we had bananas...thought they might keep a record of that...not really.

So off we go, roads great...not that much snow around...got to Best Western Kelly Inn in Fargo around 7PM. Great room, very large and clean. We used out Best Western Travel Card which we get from Air Miles worth $100 each and with no expiry date which are good in both Canada and USA. they are great and we have been using them for the last three years thanks to my son who found out about them. Best Western at this time of year usually has a deal on...stay two nights get one free. They send a free night card when we get back home, but that one does have an expiry date.

Then off to IHOP as we were hungry, but didn't want anything too heavy before bed.

Off to Council Bluffs today...about 7 hours...weather looks good for the roads.

more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment